The Arena B ice floor is approaching the end of its service life and requires replacement. Moore Wilson Architects have been retained to carry out the design work with plans to start construction in April 2017, with completion by September 2017.
New features include:
- More energy efficient cooling system in the arena floor
- Expanded player’s boxes
- Realignment of player box gates on the other side of the blue line
- Relocated and enhanced penalty and timekeeper’s box (larger size, heated, power source, data ports, internet, PA system)
- New wall mounted goal light, wired to timekeeper’s box
- Removable panels for improved access and safety for special events/trade shows
- Aluminum frames and arena glass will allow for flexing on player impact for added safety
- 6’ high glass around entire rink, from present 4 ‘glass
- New Arena netting to full height of facility. Nets to be raised for hockey season and lowered for lacrosse seasons. All high impact areas (corners and Goal areas will be netted for spectator safety)
- New more efficient radiant heaters to replace existing units presently installed.
- Better exiting for special events.
- New rubber flooring around the arena walkways.
- Raised platform behind benches for coaches.