Welcome to Peninsula Elder College!
Since receiving a Federal grant in 2012, the Peninsula Elder College continues to grow phenomenally. Accomplishments include:
- Growing the Elder College membership from 80 to over 300 members
- The renovation and establishment of the Elder College Lounge
- Purchase audio & visual equipment for presentations
- Purchasing Laptops for courses
- Hiring a part-time assistant to assist with the program development
- Enlarging and establishing a larger inter-generational community garden.
Purchase your membership before the fall courses start up. We look forward to seeing you!
About the Peninsula Elder College
Elder College Courses are different than traditional general interest courses! These courses are general interest programs for adults 50 yrs and better who still want to learn! A Volunteer Advisory Committee works hard at developing courses for you! The courses are offered by volunteer instructors with a passion for their subject. This partnership lowers the cost of the programs for the community members. Your yearly membership allows adults 50+ to access these low cost courses. Course semesters run Sept- Dec and Jan- June. Purchase your membership for $15 through reception at Panorama Recreation! Your Elder College Membership will expire one year from the date of purchase.
Do you want to get involved with Elder College Courses?
If you have the desire to teach something you are knowledgeable about, please contact Martine King at 250.655.2181 or email the Elder College volunteer committee.