SEAPARC is pleased to offer the LIFE (Leisure Involvement for Everyone) Program. It is designed to provide no cost and low-cost recreation opportunities for individuals and families with limited incomes.
The LIFE program admission passes offer free, or reduced fee options for a variety of activities. Passes are available for children over 4 years of age, youth and adults/seniors.
Who Is Eligible?
Only residents of Sooke and Juan de Fuca Electoral Area may apply. Residents living outside these areas must apply at the muncipal recreation department in which they reside. Post-secondary students are not eligible. The LIFE program is designed for individuals and families whose combined gross family income per household (including investments) falls within or below the "Low Income" levels recognized by Statistics Canada. Statistics Canada's "Low Income" levels are determined, in part, by family size. To qualify, incomes must be within the following ranges (2013 Census Data):
||Combined Gross Household Income
|7 or more
How Does the LIFE Pass Work?
As a LIFE program participant, you will be provided with a Pass which has your picture on it. These are the same passes used by all of SEAPARC's pass holders.
- At the Front Desk:
Please show your pass at reception. We will mark off a visit on the back of your pass. Should you wish to visit other Recreation Centres, present your pass and a visit will be marked off in this manner. The pass MUST be presented at all times at SEAPARC and all other Greater Victoria Recreation Centres.
- The admission portion offers 52 free admissions to public drop-in sessions at any Greater Victoria Recreation Centre.
- Use the navigation menu on the left for a complete list of drop-in schedules available at SEAPARC Leisure Complex.
- The program portion offers reduced fees for registered programs at SEAPARC Leisure Complex only. Up to four program registrations are available per year with a 50% discount (to a maximum of $50 each).
- Please advise our receptionist when registering that you would like to use one of your discounts. Some restrictions apply.
What Else Do I Need To Know?
- Child: 0-12 years (Children under 7 must be accompanied by an adult at all public drop-in sessions).
- Teen: 13-18 years.
- Adult: 19 years and older.
- The applicable LIFE pass must be presented at the time of admission or registration.
- One pass is issued per calendar year to each eligible family member.
- Passes are not transferable and have no cash or credit value.
- There is a $10 fee to replace a lost pass.
The LIFE program is a cooperative effort between recreation departments across Greater Victoria. We are proud to offer you a range of low-cost and no-cost opportunities.
© Swing image courtesy of wsilver