LIFE - Leisure Involvement for Everyone
Panorama Recreation is pleased to offer the LIFE Program. It is designed to provide no cost and low-cost recreation opportunities for individuals and families on limited incomes.
The LIFE program admission passes offer free, or reduced fee options for a variety of activities. Passes are available for use by children over 4 years of age, teens, adults and seniors.
Who Is Eligible?
Only residents of the municipalities of Sidney, North Saanich and Central Saanich may apply. Post-secondary students are not eligible. The LIFE program is designed for individuals and families whose combined gross family income per household (including investments) falls at or below the “Low Income” levels recognized by Statistics Canada. Statistics Canada’s “Low Income” levels are determined, in part, by family size. To qualify for the 2017 LIFE program, gross household income must be at or below the following ranges (2016 Consumer Price Index):
||Combined Gross Household Income
|7 or more
Option A: Drop-ins and Registered Programs Discount
Valid for one calendar year: January 1, 2017 to December 31, 2017
52 Free Admissions to Drop-In Sessions at any Greater Victoria Recreation Centre (For use at Panorama, West Shore, Saanich, City of Victoria, Oak Bay, Esquimalt and SEAPARC)
50% off (up to $50) four times a year on Panorama Recreation Registered Programs (Some restrictions apply)
Option B: Annual Deluxe Pass Discount – 50% Off
Receive this $420 Annual Deluxe Pass for $210 (monthly payment plan available: Visa, M/C, cheque accepted)
Valid for one year from date of purchase and for use at Panorama Recreation only
Option C: Annual Regional Pass Discount – 50% Off
Receive this $492 pass for $246 (monthly payment plan available: Visa, M/C, cheque accepted - $25 administration fee for monthly payments)
Unlimited access to all drop-in programs at Panorama Recreation, West Shore, Saanich, City of Victoria, Oak Bay, Esquimalt and SEAPARC
Valid for one year from date of purchase
How Does the LIFE Card Work?
As a LIFE program participant, you will be provided with an Active Pass which has your picture on it. These are the same passes used by all of Panorama’s pass holders.
52 Visit Pass
- Please scan your pass at reception. This will record your visit with us and the receptionist will mark off a visit on the back of your pass. Should you wish to visit other recreation centres, present your pass and a visit will be marked off in the same manner. The pass MUST be presented at all times at Panorama Recreation and all other Greater Victoria recreation centres.
- If you would like to use one of your discounts for a registered program (for Panorama Recreation registered programs only), please advise our receptionist.
Annual Deluxe Pass
- Scan your pass at Panorama Recreation reception or the appropriate turnstile
- Scan your pass at Panorama Recreation reception or the appropriate turnstile or at any other Greater Victoria recreation centre
What Else Do I Need To Know?
- Child: 0-12 years (Children under 7 must be accompanied by an adult at all public drop-in sessions).
- Teen: 13-18 years (Weight room participants must be 15 years of age or older unless you have completed Panorama’s Weight Training For Teens program).
- Adult: 19 years and older.
- The applicable LIFE Active pass must be presented at the time of admission or registration.
- One pass is issued to each eligible family member.
- Passes are not transferable and have no cash or credit value.
- Please be advised that there will be a fee of $10.00 to replace a lost pass.
The LIFE program is a cooperative effort between recreation departments across Greater Victoria. We are proud to offer you a range of low-cost and no-cost opportunities.