Gardening with Native Plants - Embracing the Wild
CRD Environmental Protection and Water Conservation, in partnership with Swan Lake Christmas Hill Nature Sanctuary, offers residents in the Capital Region connected to the Sooke Lake Reservoir water supply, this free three hour introductory workshop on gardening with drought-resistant native plants.
- Native plant identification and their cultural history
- A review the benefits of native plants
- Information on how and where to grow native plants
- Tips for reducing and eliminating grass based lawns
- Information on how to create natural habitats, such as meadows, thickets, woodlands
- Discussions on how to attract beneficial insects and birds to the garden
- Includes a tour of the Swan Lake Nature Sanctuary native plant gardens
Each workshop is limited to 20 participants and pre-registration is required. Please call Swan Lake at 250.479.0211 to register or stop by in person at the Swan Lake Nature House to reserve your spot.
Drop-ins can not be accommodated.