Located on Carey Road in the District of Saanich, BC, Mount View Heights is a development owned by the Capital Regional District and Capital Regional Hospital District (CRHD) that addresses three key regional priorities; a ‘Campus of Care’ for seniors, housing for the homeless and affordable family housing.
Encompassing attractive and sustainable elements such as LEED buildings, walking distance to major shopping centres and public transit exchanges, and situated in an attractive setting that includes a park, playground and pedestrian pathways, Mount View Heights is a complete campus of care that provides benefits to its residents and the surrounding community.
Formerly the home of Mount View Senior Secondary School, the CRHD purchased and assembled the 8-acre land parcel between 2002 and 2007 and underwent a comprehensive rezoning process that included several consultations with the community and stakeholder groups. To learn more, please visit:
- Olympic Vista supportive housing units for seniors
- 36 studio apartments for seniors (55+) who are homeless or are at risk-of-homelessness in Greater Victoria
- Onsite staff 24 hours a day/seven days a week
- Innovative re-use of Olympic Athlete Village modular units relocated from the Vancouver 2010 Olympics
- Funded primarily by BC Housing; land leased by Capital Regional Hospital District; operated by the Victoria Cool Aid Society
- Vergo affordable family townhouses
- 18-unit complex comprised of one, two, and three-bedroom townhouses
- Received the Excellence Award for Community Housing
- Offers 4 flex-suites for people with disabilities
- Owned and operated by the Capital Region Housing Corporation
- Carey Place affordable rental housing residence for seniors
- 55 one-bedroom suites operated by Baptist Housing, with the land owned by the Capital Regional District
- Building features amenity space for special events or residential gatherings, a guest suite and underground parking
- Developed in partnership with Government of Canada, BC Housing, Capital Regional District/Capital Regional Hospital District and Baptist Housing
- The Heights at Mount View seniors residential care
- 7-storey, 260-suite residential care residence to serve chronically ill seniors, including those suffering from Alzheimer’s and dementia
- Developed through partnership between the Province of British Columbia, Vancouver Island Health Authority, the Capital Regional Hospital District and Baptist Housing; with the land and building owned by the CRHD and operated by Baptist Housing
- Features include large amenity and event spaces, landscaped courtyards, wellness centre, hair salon, café and lounge areas
- Each resident has a private suite, including a washroom with a European style shower
- Mt. View Park
- Land gifted by the Capital Regional Hospital District to the District of Saanich for community use
- Carey Road sites for future development
- 3810 Carey Road (purchased by Baptist Foundation)
- 3816 Carey Road (owned by the CRD)
PlanH is a joint partnership program between the BC Healthy Communities Society and Healthy Families BC that addresses three critical and interconnected themes required for a healthy community: Healthy People, Healthy Society, Healthy Environments.
The Mount View Heights Campus of Care development has been selected as a PlanH success story due to:
- partnerships involving community, and non-profit groups and all levels of government
- green and neighbourhood friend design; and,
- the provision of safe, affordable and accessible housing for homeless-at-risk, families, independent seniors and those with complex care requirements.