Victoria, BC– Salt Spring Island Parks and Recreation Commission (PARC) has released the Salt Spring Island Parks and Recreation 2019-2029 Strategic Plan. The Plan outlines strategies, actions and priorities that guide opportunities for parks and recreation, seek community and stakeholder input and explore the long-term program and facility needs for the community.
The following strategic priorities have been identified:
- Provide a diverse mix of outdoor athletic facilities
- Create more and enhance existing access to our lakes and oceans
- Create, enhance and maintain our community parks
- Plan and develop an interconnected network of exceptional trails across the island
- Provide a diverse range of indoor recreation facilities
- Provide engaging recreation programs
- Invest in our capacity to deliver excellent service
- Communicate with our residents
- Minimize barriers to participation
The mission of the Salt Spring Island Parks and Recreation Commission is to provide access to quality, safe, diverse, year-round, and inclusive parks, recreation and sport facilities, trails and water access, and to deliver recreational programs that enhance quality of life, promote healthy lifestyles, strengthen the sense of community, and connect all residents and visitors with nature, while following environmental best practices.
For more information, please visit www.ssiparc.ca.
View the Strategic Plan (PDF)
PARC is responsible for providing and maintaining community parks, trails, water access points and facilities and provides recreation programs and services to the communities of Salt Spring Island.
For media inquiries, please contact:
Dan Ovington, Manager
Salt Spring Island Recreation